What type of shoes help prevent bunions and bunionettes?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
You may be able to prevent bunions and bunionettes from developing -- or keep them from getting worse -- by wearing shoes that provide sufficient room in the toe boxes. Look for shoes with blunt toes rather than pointy ones, and allow for about a quarter-inch to a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the front of the shoe.

Continue Learning about Corns, Calluses & Bunions

Should I Worry About This Bony Bump on My Foot?
Among the many joys of getting older—along with gray hair, wrinkles, and mid-section bulge—are bunions, those annoying bony bumps that form on the sid...
How is the digestive system linked to aging?
Considering all the other life-threatening health problems we tend to worry about, it may seem that ...
What causes calluses and corns?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
The usual culprit of calluses and corns is a poorly fitting shoe, but some people have inherited...
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?