What causes calluses and corns?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
The usual culprit of calluses and corns is a poorly fitting shoe, but some people have inherited bone structure or gait patterns that make them more susceptible. Injuries that damage the bone structure may also lead to the development of corns and calluses.

Continue Learning about Corns, Calluses & Bunions

The Bunion Blues
The Bunion Blues
Paul Bunyan and his sidekick Babe, the Blue Ox, were characters in lumberjack folklore for years before William Laughead composed a direct mail pamphl...
How can I treat a callus myself?
Donnica Moore, MDDonnica Moore, MD
You can treat a callus using a licorice stick! In this video, women's health expert Dr. Donnica Mo...
How are bunions treated?
Dr. James P. Ioli, DPMDr. James P. Ioli, DPM
Mild and moderate bunions may not hurt, but severe bunions—in which the protuberance is large and th...
How Can I Treat a Callus Myself?
How Can I Treat a Callus Myself?