How can I prevent a callus from forming?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

It is simple: identify the action that may be causing the callus, and stop it. Or let it be, since it is providing a cushion over bones, nerves, and tendons. If you have a callus somewhere on the foot, try switching your shoes everyday so you do not always put pressure on the same area.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Corns, Calluses & Bunions

Should I Worry About This Bony Bump on My Foot?
Among the many joys of getting older—along with gray hair, wrinkles, and mid-section bulge—are bunions, those annoying bony bumps that form on the sid...
What can I do about bunions on my feet?
Bunions are often genetic and not easy to fix, but there are some things you can do to help. To lear...
What is bunion surgery?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Bunion surgery is needed to realign the joint space or provide stability to the bunion area.
Are Your Feet Growing as You Age?
Are Your Feet Growing as You Age?