What medicine should I stop taking if I can't afford all my COPD treatment?

It’s never safe to just stop taking a medication for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) unless directed by your healthcare provider. Here are a few possibilities for getting assistance: 
  • Check with your healthcare provider for free samples.
  • Contact the manufacturer of your medications to see if they have a prescription assistance program.
  • Contact Partnership for Prescription Assistance (pparx.org) to see if you're eligible for assistance.
  • Ask your healthcare provider about assistance programs available in your area.

Continue Learning about COPD

Tracking COPD Symptoms
Tracking COPD Symptoms
With COPD, you're probably very aware of what a flare-up feels like—the increased shortness of breath and possibly extra mucus and other symptoms. But...
What You Need to Know About COPD Treatment
According to the American Lung Institute, more than 16 million people in the United States are affected by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD...
6 Ways to Help Manage COPD
6 Ways to Help Manage COPD
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an umbrella term used for chronic respiratory illnesses including emphysema and chronic bronchitis, wh...
What is the rate of incidence for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
An estimated 15 million people suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in the Unite...