What is the rate of incidence for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?

An estimated 15 million people suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in the United States. Millions more may be undiagnosed, because they are in the early stages and have minimal symptoms. It is the third most common cause of death.

Continue Learning about COPD

6 Ways to Help Manage COPD
6 Ways to Help Manage COPD
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an umbrella term used for chronic respiratory illnesses including emphysema and chronic bronchitis, wh...
What medicine should I stop taking if I can't afford all my COPD treatment?
COPD FoundationCOPD Foundation
It’s never safe to just stop taking a medication for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) un...
6 Expert Tips for Living Well With COPD
6 Expert Tips for Living Well With COPD6 Expert Tips for Living Well With COPD6 Expert Tips for Living Well With COPD6 Expert Tips for Living Well With COPD
Being proactive goes a long way towards staying healthy and active.
3 Myths About COPD
3 Myths About COPD