What equipment do I need for juicing fruits and vegetables?

Juicing typically requires using a machine or equipment in order to turn raw fruits and vegetables into a liquid. Home juicing machines may cost anywhere from $30 dollars to more than $300 dollars. By using special blades, most juicers chop up your fruits or vegetables into tiny pieces and spins them in a way to separate the juice from the pulp, which eliminates the majority of the fiber. You can ask around at local stores or consult Consumer Reports to find the juicer that’s best for you.

Continue Learning about Cooking & Health

3 Ways to Have a Guilt-Free Barbecue
3 Ways to Have a Guilt-Free Barbecue
Go ahead. Fire up the grill and feast to your heart's content on your favorite barbecue fare. Just use these prep-and-cook methods to healthy up thing...
How should coconut oil be used as a cooking substitute?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Certain properties of coconut oil make it more ideal for certain types of cooking. Some claim that c...
How can I make healthy meals on a budget?
Learn more about cooking healthy meals on a budget in this video with Dr. Oz and Rachel Ray.
Reduce HCAs by Adding This Fruit to Your Burger