How can I make a quick and healthy dinner?

Keri Gans
A delicious healthy dinner can be created in very little time. For instance, broil a piece of fish, which takes only 15 minutes (or less, depending on thickness of fish), while you prepare whole-wheat couscous (about 5 minutes), and steam a veggie on the stove top or in the microwave (5 to 10 minutes, depending on cooking method).
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...
Toby Smithson

One of my favorite quick and healthy dinners is a tempeh stir fry served with baked vegetarian egg rolls and brown rice. To make the tempeh stir fry, slice tempeh (which can be found at your local grocers in the produce section); stir fry in a small amount of olive oil; remove from pan; place ¾ of a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables in the pan, cover and heat with a little bit of water until vegetables have been steamed; and then add the tempeh back into the pan to reheat. Sliced chicken breast, or beef tenderloin can easily be substituted for the tempeh if you prefer a not having a plant based meal.

Continue Learning about Cooking & Health

4 Healthy Barbecue Tips for Your Summer Cookouts
Before you fire up the grill this Memorial Day, did you know that cooking foods containing muscle—yep, not just red meat but poultry and fish, too—ove...
What are healthy methods of cooking vegetables?
Deborah BeauvaisDeborah Beauvais
Steaming and stir frying are the two healthiest ways to prepare foods especially vegetables. Steami...
What are healthy ways to cook meat?
Ozgen DoganOzgen Dogan
The best and healthiest methods to cook meat are grilling, broiling or roasting without oil. Fat...
How Can I Feed a Large Family In an Easy and Healthy Way?