How can I make healthy barbeque dishes?

The following are healthy options for a barbeque:

• "Prime" cuts usually have more fat than "choice" or "select."
  • Look for ground beef with the lowest percentage of fat on the label.
  • Grill lean turkey dogs, chicken sausages, buffalo burgers or veggie burgers in place of full-fat options.
  • Instead of sautéed onions, put onions on the grill for great smoky flavor
For side dishes, there are great tasting alternatives to heavy, mayonnaise salads and spreads. If a recipe calls for full-fat mayonnaise or sour cream, substitute a low-fat variation. Your potato salads and baked potatoes won't know the difference.

Continue Learning about Cooking & Health

What to Do with That Pumpkin You Never Carved
There it is, still sitting on the counter, cute as an oversized button: the jack-o'-lantern that wasn't. Here's how to make it the pumpkin dessert tha...
How can I serve healthy food at a party?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
Take some of the pressure off yourself and make it potluck. Let people know that the only requir...
What is the healthiest way to eat carrots?
Carrots are better for you when cooked. While they are great raw, when cooked, they release more bet...
What's a Safe Way to Grill Foods So They Don't Cause Cancer?