How can I make it easier to cook healthier at home?

Lisa Oz
Health Education
One thing that helps the Oz household is to cook on the weekends. If you have a bigger family, this means you may have lots of hands to help. And you can make cooking fun by playing dance music – that way it feels more like a party than actual work. Another thing you can do to make sure you eat healthier at home is to double the recipe of one or two dishes so you can freeze what you don’t eat and enjoy it at a later date. That way, when if you’re really pressed for time, you can have a whole meal to thaw and reheat.

Continue Learning about Cooking & Health

4 Healthy Barbecue Tips for Your Summer Cookouts
Before you fire up the grill this Memorial Day, did you know that cooking foods containing muscle—yep, not just red meat but poultry and fish, too—ove...
What is healthier to cook in, aluminum or nonstick?
dotFITdotFIT
Either method is fine. What can change health outcomes more than the pan you cook with, would be wha...
How can I add flavor to food without adding fat?
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RDLaura Motosko, MSEd, RD
Fresh herbs provide flavor to food without sodium and fat. Mix delicious fat free sauces and marinad...
Kitchen Tools
Kitchen Tools