How is cardamom used?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Cardamom is used prominently in curry powder. It is also used in desserts, especially pastries, and as a fragrance in soaps, detergents, lotions, and perfumes.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Cooking & Health

Grill Safely Without the Toxic Risks
Grill Safely Without the Toxic Risks
When the weather is just right, it’s hard not to fire up the grill. Eating a lot of grilled protein amps-up the risk of pancreatic cancer and some stu...
How can I make healthy barbeque dishes?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The following are healthy options for a barbeque:"Prime" cuts usually have more fat than "choice" ...
How should I modify my favorite recipes to make them healthier?
Are your family's favorite dinners high in fat? Don't deprive -- revise. In this video, chef Emeril ...
Reduce HCAs by Adding This Fruit to Your Burger