How can I make cooking fun?

Toby Smithson

Cooking can be fun when you cook together as a family. This can spread out the work load of cooking and cleaning. Choose kid friendly recipes to get you started whether you are cooking for kids or adults; these types of recipes are developed with fun in mind. Go to the library and check out cookbooks or check out reliable websites for recipes. Be adventurous as you choose different foods to prepare. Another fun idea is to pick a theme for dinner and search for recipes under that theme. If you want to expand the experience you can also decorate the table according to the themed meal.

Margaret Floyd
If you have kids, get them involved in making dinner. If you start them young, by the time they're teens you might have some budding chefs -- or at least a pair of extra hands to take on food-preparation responsibilities a night or two a week. If you don't have kids, experiment to see how you can bring some ritual to cooking. Light a candle, turn on some of your favorite music, maybe even pour yourself a glass of wine. Do something to make it less work and more play.
Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You

Eat Naked with Margaret Floyd for a Sexier You Are you fed up with counting calories? Confused by all the diet hype? Want to eat delicious, real food and look and feel great? Leading...

Continue Learning about Cooking & Health

Grill Safely Without the Toxic Risks
Grill Safely Without the Toxic Risks
When the weather is just right, it’s hard not to fire up the grill. Eating a lot of grilled protein amps-up the risk of pancreatic cancer and some stu...
Are raw oats moistened with water healthier than cooked oats?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Eating a bowl of uncooked oats "moistened with water" doesn't sound all that appetizing. And I a...
How do I make a healthy St. Patrick's Day meal?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
You can fix up a traditional St. Patrick's Day meal while maintaining a healthful eating plan. H...
Cooking Tips to Help With Your Insulin
Cooking Tips to Help With Your Insulin