When do most food cravings happen?

Keri Gans
By far the greatest number of cravings occurs late in the day, from 3 to about 6 p.m. That’s when your blood glucose drops, making your eyelids droop and igniting your desire to eat. During the dreaded midafternoon slump, all it takes is a cue—a coworker’s candy dish, for example—to find yourself drifting to the vending machine, or the coffee shop downstairs, for a little fat- and sugar-fueled “motivation.”
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Controlling Appetite

How to Crush a Craving—Fast
How to Crush a Craving—Fast
Here's how to quickly and easily crush a craving for chocolate: Use your feet. Literally. A walk worked wonders for a small group of chocoholics. Whe...
What are some simple changes I can make to lose weight?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Here are some simple changes that will help you lose weight:Substitute a glass of water for one ot...
How can I lose my cravings for foods?
Losing weight takes consistency and choosing sensible foods, but cravings can be a problem. In t...
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Exercise Harder to Eat Less