What can I do to control my eating between dinner and bedtime?

One thing you can do to control eating between dinner and bedtime is to move your dinner hour to an hour later. Shifting your entire eating schedule is also something to consider. If eating in the AM is no problem then schedule your meals 4 hours apart as the day goes on start bring in the hours to 2 or 3 hour increments. It might look something like this: 6am-breakfast, 10am-mid morning snack, 2pm-lunch, 5pm-mid afternoon snack, 7pm-dinner and 9pm-desert.

Control eating until bedtime by distracting yourself from thinking about food and by getting involved in an activity that so absorbs you, food doesn't even make it to your radar screen. Some people report that leaving the house is helpful. You could take a walk, do an errand, or visit a friend (and let your friend know what you're doing so that you're not offered snacks). If you are at home, clean a closet, do woodworking, play the piano, or read a book that you know will completely absorb you. Make a list of a few projects, so if you finish one you have another to start.

Continue Learning about Controlling Appetite

Diet Tips: Curb Overeating with This Mealtime Trick
Dieters everywhere want to know how to eat less. Here’s one of the simplest diet tips around: eat slowly, spending at least 30 minutes enjoying your f...
What can help me stop overeating?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Keeping a food journal can help you stop overeating. Food journals make you more aware of what you a...
What are the consequences of indulging in a food craving and overeating?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
Consequences of overeating and following a food craving when you're not hungry include:Positive ...
Should You Cave Into Food Cravings?
Should You Cave Into Food Cravings?