How does red pepper reduce appetite?

There is some preliminary research that capsaicin, the compound that provides both fresh and dried chilies with their fiery kick, may help suppress hunger. A lot more research is needed in this area, however, before these findings can be confirmed and any conclusions can be drawn.

Continue Learning about Controlling Appetite

2 Easy Ways to Cut Your Appetite
2 Easy Ways to Cut Your Appetite
Here are two easy ways to feel full faster on less food: use a smaller fork and chew your food longer. Turns out these two tactics have some science ...
Why should I stop nibbling on food if I want to lose weight?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
You can eat a lot of food when you're not paying attention. The Child (pleasure-seeking impulses...
Why is it so easy to confuse hunger with thirst?
Jennifer ShawJennifer Shaw
A common tip for avoiding overeating is to keep yourself hydrated, and it is not entirely understood...
Exercise Harder to Eat Less
Exercise Harder to Eat Less