The birth control pill Lutera (ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel) is itself the generic version of a brand-name oral contraceptive, Alesse, which has been discontinued. Other generic drugs that are equivalent to Alesse are Orsythia, Falmina and Aviane-28. All of these contain the same active ingredients, in the same amounts, but their inactive ingredients may differ.
- Q Can I use Lutera if I wear contact lenses?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Lutera?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Lutera?
- Q Can I use Lutera if I have high cholesterol?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Lutera?
- Q Can Lutera cause weight gain?