If your child is constipated after surgery, start your child on a diet high in fiber. Foods such as vegetables, oranges, raisins, beans, peas, nuts, whole-grain foods, other fruits, and high-fiber cereals can help with constipation. Drinking more fluids can also reduce constipation problems.
- Q How can constipation affect my child?
- Q Is constipation in children serious?
- Q Does chronic constipation affect children differently than adults?
- Q How is constipation in children treated?
- Q What are the symptoms of constipation in children?
- Q What are some high-fiber foods I can give my child for constipation?