If your child is constipated after surgery, start your child on a diet high in fiber. Foods such as vegetables, oranges, raisins, beans, peas, nuts, whole-grain foods, other fruits, and high-fiber cereals can help with constipation. Drinking more fluids can also reduce constipation problems.
- Q What can I do to help my child with constipation?
- Q Does acute constipation affect children differently than adults?
- Q How do I know if my child is constipated?
- Q Does constipation affect children differently than adults?
- Q What causes withholding behaviors in children?
- Q What are the symptoms of constipation in children?