If your child is constipated after surgery, start your child on a diet high in fiber. Foods such as vegetables, oranges, raisins, beans, peas, nuts, whole-grain foods, other fruits, and high-fiber cereals can help with constipation. Drinking more fluids can also reduce constipation problems.
- Q Does acute constipation affect children differently than adults?
- Q Does constipation affect children differently than adults?
- Q Is it normal for my child to strain when having a stool?
- Q What can I do if my baby is constipated?
- Q When might a child become constipated?
- Q When should I call the doctor about my child’s constipation?