If your child is constipated after surgery, start your child on a diet high in fiber. Foods such as vegetables, oranges, raisins, beans, peas, nuts, whole-grain foods, other fruits, and high-fiber cereals can help with constipation. Drinking more fluids can also reduce constipation problems.
- Q Does acute constipation affect children differently than adults?
- Q When should I call the doctor about my child’s constipation?
- Q How can I manage my child's constipation?
- Q Should I use mineral oil to treat my child's constipation?
- Q How often should my child have a stool?
- Q Does chronic constipation affect children differently than adults?