If your child is constipated after surgery, start your child on a diet high in fiber. Foods such as vegetables, oranges, raisins, beans, peas, nuts, whole-grain foods, other fruits, and high-fiber cereals can help with constipation. Drinking more fluids can also reduce constipation problems.
- Q How often should my child have a stool?
- Q What causes constipation in children?
- Q How do I know if my child is constipated?
- Q What should my child eat to relieve constipation?
- Q What can I do if my baby is constipated?
- Q How can I manage my child's constipation?