Taking magnesium with calcium can help with constipation. Some preparations of calcium contain magnesium in the same tablet. It is important to follow the dosage guidelines, because too much magnesium can result in diarrhea. Using the citrate form of calcium may also help with constipation.
- Q Are there any alternative treatments for acute constipation?
- Q How does fiber help treat acute constipation?
- Q How can chronic constipation be cured?
- Q How do polyols ease constipation?
- Q What medications treat acute constipation?
- Q Are there any alternative treatments for constipation?