Taking magnesium with calcium can help with constipation. Some preparations of calcium contain magnesium in the same tablet. It is important to follow the dosage guidelines, because too much magnesium can result in diarrhea. Using the citrate form of calcium may also help with constipation.
- Q Are enemas used to treat constipation?
- Q What are the three best ways to ease bowel movements?
- Q How does exercise help treat constipation?
- Q How can I relieve my constipation?
- Q How is constipation treated?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with constipation?