Taking magnesium with calcium can help with constipation. Some preparations of calcium contain magnesium in the same tablet. It is important to follow the dosage guidelines, because too much magnesium can result in diarrhea. Using the citrate form of calcium may also help with constipation.
- Q How do medications treat acute constipation?
- Q How much fiber should I consume to treat constipation?
- Q How does fiber help treat acute constipation?
- Q What can I do for constipation that is more ‘gentle’ than a laxative?
- Q How does exercise help treat constipation?
- Q How do polyols ease constipation?