Why are warts more common in children?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Warts are caused by the papilloma virus and 20% of children and 10% of adults have warts right now. Warts are most common at age 14. There are over 100 viruses that cause warts and you tend to develop an immunity to these viruses over time. So, like the common cold, adults get less than kids.

Continue Learning about Warts

Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
In the children’s book The Witch with a Wart, an old hag discovers she has a wart on her nose (of course!). Eager to have it disappear, she brews up a...
What does a wart feel like?
Warts are usually small bumps or clusters of bumps on the skin caused by the human papillomavirus ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone who has periungual warts?
If someone you know has periungual warts, avoid direct contact with the warts or wash your hands tho...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with warts?
If you are caring for someone with warts, ensure that both you and the person in your care practice ...