Should I talk to my doctor about my warts?

Most warts do not require medical attention. However, people may choose to have them removed for cosmetic purposes, or if they become uncomfortable.

Common warts often go away on their own with time, but being treated by a doctor can help to ensure that your warts do not spread. Doctors recommend that you seek treatment if your warts are uncomfortable or spread rapidly. Be sure to ask your doctor about the causes, symptoms, complications, and possible treatments associated with warts. If you are still concerned, ask your doctor to refer you to a dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Warts

Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
In the children’s book The Witch with a Wart, an old hag discovers she has a wart on her nose (of course!). Eager to have it disappear, she brews up a...
Why are the warts on the soles of the feet painful?
Plantar warts or warts on the soles of the feet can be extremely painful when you apply pressure w...
Do warts ever go away without treatment?
Yes, quite often. However, warts can also spread to other parts of your body, so it's best to treat ...
Can over-the-counter medications remove warts?
Medications cause the wart to fade over time. However, the time required may not be any shorter ...