How do people get warts?

Warts are growths in and under the skin that are caused by the Human Papillomavirus. They come in many varieties, with their appearance typically determined by where the wart is located.

Continue Learning about Warts

Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
In the children’s book The Witch with a Wart, an old hag discovers she has a wart on her nose (of course!). Eager to have it disappear, she brews up a...
What happens after the doctor paints cantharidin on my son’s wart?
First, your doctor should cover the area he “painted” with a bandage. Underneath, the cantharidin wi...
Does it hurt when a doctor uses cantharidin to remove a wart?
If a doctor used cantharidin to remove a wart, it probably will hurt. When it is applied, a blister ...
How can I tell if a skin bump is a wart?
Lisa J. Broyles, MDLisa J. Broyles, MD
Warts can come in all shapes and sizes and can be anywhere.  They are usually flesh colored and ra...