Can warts on my feet go away on their own?

Christopher Chiodo, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Sometimes warts disappear on their own -- but some may not, depending on the size and depth of the wart. The risk of simply waiting for the wart to go away is that it may grow in size or seed other warts across the foot. Most people prefer to do something, especially if shoes or the pressure of walking cause the wart to itch or hurt.

Continue Learning about Warts

Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
Wart Worry? How to Get Rid of Them
In the children’s book The Witch with a Wart, an old hag discovers she has a wart on her nose (of course!). Eager to have it disappear, she brews up a...
What do I need to know about caring for someone who has periungual warts?
If someone you know has periungual warts, avoid direct contact with the warts or wash your hands tho...
How do people get warts?
Warts are growths in and under the skin that are caused by the Human Papillomavirus. They come i...
What is cantharidin and how does it remove warts?
Cantharidin is a toxin that comes from beetle juice. It comes from the real bug, it wasn’t just inve...