What should I discuss with my dentist before a dental procedure?

The American Dental Association (ADA) urges you to take an active role in your oral health care. This includes knowing your health status and telling your dentist about any illnesses or health conditions, whether you are taking any medications (prescription or non-prescription), and whether you've ever had any problems such as allergic reactions to any medications. It also includes understanding the risks and benefits involved in dental treatment, so that you and your dentist can make the best decisions about the treatment that is right for you.

Continue Learning about Common Dental Procedures

What should I do after a sealing and root planning treatment?
Dr. Benjamin S Fiss DDSDr. Benjamin S Fiss DDS
Dietary restriction, special oral rinses, and home care after this procedure must be followed to pro...
What is dental bonding?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Bonding is the method by which materials actually adhere to tooth structure. Often times patients, a...
How durable are the materials used in dental restorations?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Materials used in dental restorations have varying degrees of durability:All-porcelain (ceramic): Br...
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?