What are some benefits of using exercise bands?

Exercise bands are amazingly versatile. They provide a greater range of motion, and are ideal for strengthening the core of your body. Elastic bands are unique in that they increase resistance as you extend your limbs, something free weights can't do. They also allow you to move in a natural and functional manner to really copy the way you move when you're performing other sports or physical activities. For instance, rotational movements with angular momentum can help strengthen muscles used in the exact way you'd work them in a tennis match, a golf swing or throwing motion.

Bands are very portable and can be used easily at home as well as the gym. You can work all of your limbs in multiple ways. You can work with a partner or alone by slipping one band handle on a door or other fixture. You don't need a lot of room at the gym to do effective movements with bands.

Continue Learning about Exercise Equipment

What are the benefits of using fitness equipment to work out?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Technology has changed exercise. Fitness equipment manufacturers are constantly innovating new produ...
How should I choose resistance tubing?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
When choosing resistance tubing, look for tubing in several levels of resistance and with padded...
When during my workout would I use a foam roller?
Sue HitzmannSue Hitzmann
You can use a foam roller before you lift weights or exercise, or after a workout to bring some flui...
5 Tips to Spice Up Your Workout Routine
5 Tips to Spice Up Your Workout Routine