How can I incorporate resistance bands into my power training?

To improve power, one must perform movements in a fast explosive fashion. Resistance bands can be an excellent way to incorporate power exercises into your workout if you don't have the ability to perform traditional power exercises that involve throwing medicine balls. You can incorporate resistance bands by performing traditional upper body movements with the bands, such as pressing movements, rotation movements and rowing movements, but performing them as quickly as you can control. Because the resistive properties of resistance bands, they are relatively easy to control when perform power movements in comparison to dumbbells.

Continue Learning about Exercise Equipment

What areas should I avoid when foam rolling?
You only want to roll on areas of the body that are pretty dense with muscle tissue. Therefore, area...
What is a rebounder?
A rebounder is a small mini trampoline used for exercise. Common exercises like jump roping, jogging...
How should I choose resistance tubing?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
When choosing resistance tubing, look for tubing in several levels of resistance and with padded...
5 Tips to Spice Up Your Workout Routine
5 Tips to Spice Up Your Workout Routine