For seven days prior to the colonoscopy, we ask that you avoid taking supplements that contain iron, as this may discolor the colon, making visualization and detection of polyps more difficult. In addition, anti-inflammatories, such as Motrin, ibuprofen, Aleve, and naproxen as well as aspirin should be avoided, as these medications increase the risk of bleeding, especially if polyps are found and removed.
- Q What happens if my colonoscopy shows an abnormality?
- Q How does a colonoscopy differ from a flexible sigmoidoscopy?
- Q Can I have a colonoscopy without the preparation beforehand?
- Q How often do I need a colonoscopy if I have polyps removed?
- Q Is a colonoscopy really worth all the hassle?
- Q How much pain will I feel during my colonoscopy?