What do I need to consider before getting a colonoscopy?

Before undergoing a colonoscopy procedure, you should discuss the risks and benefits of undergoing this procedure as well as what the findings may mean for your future. You should have knowledge of your family history regarding colon cancer. Your bowel will need to be prepped before undergoing the procedure, and this will be discussed with the physician performing the procedure.

Continue Learning about Colonoscopy

Are any changes being suggested for colonoscopy preparation?
Everyone knows the colonoscopy itself isn't the tough part. The tough part is the colonoscopy prepar...
What happens before a colonoscopy?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Be sure your doctor is aware of any medicines you are taking, as you may need to change how you take...
Time for a Colonoscopy? 3 Things You Should Know
When Should I Have a Colonoscopy?
When Should I Have a Colonoscopy?