No one over 85 should be having a colonoscopy, and in this 10-year interval prior to that, you should be making sure that this is an appropriate test for you. I think that these guidelines are important, but we have to really individualize these guidelines as well.
- Q Why is bowel preparation critical for colonoscopy?
- Q What kind of doctor should perform my colonoscopy?
- Q How often should I have a colonoscopy?
- Q What determines the type of bowel preparation I need before a colonoscopy?
- Q Where else in the body are polyps found other than the colon?
- Q What is a CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy)?