How do I manage my colon cancer on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Dealing with a colon cancer diagnosis can be difficult. First, inform yourself. Find out about your type and stage of colon cancer so you can make informed decisions about your treatments and know what to expect. You should create a support system around yourself. This can include family, friends, coworkers, and even a support group. Lastly, take care of yourself. Follow a healthy diet and get plenty of sleep in order to be as strong as possible. You may find that some alternative therapies, such as art, dance, movement, or music, may help you deal with the stress and anxiety.

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer

Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Every year tens of thousands of people face serious colon surgery to remove big polyps before they can morph into colon cancer. Many have part of thei...
What are the screening guidelines for colorectal (colon) cancer?
St. Petersburg General HospitalSt. Petersburg General Hospital
Colon cancer screening starts at 50 years old, but if there’s a family history of colon cancer then ...
What is the biggest myth about colorectal cancer?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
The biggest myth about colorectal cancer is that it's not curable. Prevention and early detection ar...
Is colon cancer screening different in men and women?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
A colonoscopy is the best way to detect colon cancer in both men and women. However, in this vid...