Is the death rate from colorectal cancer rising or falling?

Juliet Wilkinson
Oncology Nursing

The most recent report by the American Cancer Society, the Estimated new Cancer Cases and Death by Sex for All Sites, US, 2011, indicates that the rates are falling. Although this is very good news, the diligent screening and early diagnosis of colon cancer that led to this outcome should not be abandoned. If you are over 50 years of age, have a strong familial history of colon cancer or have concerning symptoms, talk to your doctor to see if it is time to start colorectal cancer screening.

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer

What screening tests are used to detect colorectal cancer?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
There are several tests used to detect colorectal cancer: Colonoscopy is the gold standard test f...
4 Ways to Slash Your Risk of Colon Cancer
4 Ways to Slash Your Risk of Colon Cancer4 Ways to Slash Your Risk of Colon Cancer4 Ways to Slash Your Risk of Colon Cancer4 Ways to Slash Your Risk of Colon Cancer
Having regular screenings is essential for preventing colon cancer, but the choices you make every day can also lower your risk. When it comes to pre...
What Foods Help Prevent Colon Cancer?
What Foods Help Prevent Colon Cancer?
When Should I Have a Colonoscopy?
When Should I Have a Colonoscopy?