What can I expect after having colon cancer surgery?

Treatment for colon cancer can cause unwanted things, or side effects. Sometimes after colon cancer surgery, a stoma is needed. A stoma is an opening in the wall of the abdomen that allows waste to pass out of the colon into a special bag worn outside the body. This means that going to the toilet is not necessary. Usually, doctors can remove the stoma after the colon has healed, but some people will always have a stoma.

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer Treatment

What are natural treatments for colon cancer?
Daniel Labow, MDDaniel Labow, MD
Should diet, mind-body practices, and other alternative remedies be part of colon cancer treatment? ...
Will I need a colostomy bag after my treatment for colorectal cancer?
Ovunc Bardakcioglu, MDOvunc Bardakcioglu, MD
Permanent colostomy after colon surgery for cancer is very rare, says Ovunc Bardakcioglu, MD, a colo...
Are Colon Screenings Necessary After Colon Cancer Surgery?
What Is the Succes Rate of Treating Colon Cancer If Caught Early?