Can surgery help to prevent colon cancer?

If you have a very high risk of developing colon cancer, your doctor may advise surgery. These high risks include heredity syndromes and inflammatory diseases such as Crohn's disease. In such cases, your doctor may remove your entire colon through surgery in an effort to prevent colon cancer development.

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer Prevention

How can women prevent colorectal cancer?
The third leading cause of cancer deaths in American women is colorectal cancer. Screening tests for...
How can I help prevent colorectal cancer?
Dr. Daniel Labow, MDDr. Daniel Labow, MD
A healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet, can help prevent colon cancer. But don't forget to g...
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Colon Cancer?
4 Ways to Dodge Colon Cancer
4 Ways to Dodge Colon Cancer