Why should I get a flu vaccination if I'm healthy?

Even though you are healthy, the flu vaccination is recommended because it can protect you from the ill effects of the flu. It can also protect people around you from contracting the flu. All people older than 6 months of age are recommended to receive the flu vaccination unless they have a severe allergic reaction to eggs or one of the components in the flu vaccine. Even healthy people can contract the flu, so it is best to try to prevent it with the flu vaccination.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Make Flu Shots Last Longer with This Trick
Some research suggests that the flu shot wears off more quickly in older people. But here's something you can do to counter that: Go for a walk. In a...
How to Stay Healthy in a House Full of Sick People
It’s no secret that the flu causes major illness and distress every year. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), doctor vi...
When Should I Talk to My Doctor About My Flu Symptoms?
What Are Natural Treatments for Cold and Flu?