Why does my child get sick so often?

Healthy kids (with normal immune systems) can catch around 10 infections a year, especially if they are in child care or preschool. During the summer they tend to be mostly well, but it’s common for them to bring home a new bug every 2 or 3 weeks during the winter. Most of the usual suspects (coughs and colds) are caused by viruses and will clear up on their own. Children pick up the colds from their friends or classmates—these bugs can survive on surfaces for hours and spread easily from person to person.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?
Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?
Why Kids Get Sick So Often
Why Kids Get Sick So Often
Sick? Don't Go Into the Office!
Sick? Don't Go Into the Office!
Can Games Make Us Healthier?
Can Games Make Us Healthier?