Why should I avoid touching my face if I want to prevent colds and flu?

Sampson M. Davis, MD
Emergency Medicine
You should avoid touching your face if you want to avoid cold and flu because the most common way germs get into the body is via the face. In this video, emergency medicine expert Sampson Davis, MD, explains why this simple tip is so essential.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

The New Relief for Your Flu Symptoms
The New Relief for Your Flu Symptoms
Recently, the FDA approved a single-dose oral medication for treating influenza called Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil)—and it should be on pharmacy shelv...
What are the benefits of a flu shot?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Flu shots can help prevent illness altogether or at least lessen the severity and length of symptoms...
How to Survive Cold and Flu Season This Year
How to Survive Cold and Flu Season This YearHow to Survive Cold and Flu Season This YearHow to Survive Cold and Flu Season This YearHow to Survive Cold and Flu Season This Year
From opening a window for a little fresh air to disinfecting your kids’ toys, these easy tips can keep you healthy during cold and flu season.
Prevent Colds With Mushrooms
Prevent Colds With Mushrooms