Why should I avoid touching my face if I want to prevent colds and flu?

Sampson M. Davis, MD
Emergency Medicine
You should avoid touching your face if you want to avoid cold and flu because the most common way germs get into the body is via the face. In this video, emergency medicine expert Sampson Davis, MD, explains why this simple tip is so essential.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Brrr . . . Cold Weather Causes Colds, Right?
Myth or fact? You can catch a cold by running around without a hat in frigid temps. Myth. It's not cold weather that makes you sick. It's close quart...
How many people die from the flu each year?
There are several factors that make it difficult to determine accurate numbers of deaths caused by f...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?
Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?