How can I reduce my risk for infections in the winter?

You can reduce your risk for infections in the winter by maintaining healthy lifestyle habits. By eating a healthy balanced diet, exercising regularly, avoiding tobacco use and getting enough sleep you can help your immune system work more effectively to prevent infection. In addition, the flu vaccine can greatly decrease your risk of contracting the influenza infection, and there are also vaccines against pneumonia, meningitis, and whooping cough that you may be a candidate for. Lastly, washing your hands often will help lessen your exposure to the germs that cause infections.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

How to Stay Well During Cold and Flu Season
Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?
Do I Have a Cold or the Flu?
Why Do Doctor's offices Have Old Magazines in the Waiting Room?
When Should I See A Doctor for a Cold or Flu?