What should I do to prepare for flu season?

The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine each year. Getting a flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against this serious disease.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

What supplements help prevent colds and flu?
Dr. Laurence H. Altshuler, MDDr. Laurence H. Altshuler, MD
A recent study showed that Chinese herbs can fight colds better than conventional medications such a...
How can I prevent a cold?
Dr. Keri Peterson, MDDr. Keri Peterson, MD
Internal medicine specialist Dr. Keri Peterson explains how you can avoid catching a cold. Watch Dr....
How is flu activity tracked in the United States?
Flu activity in the United States is tracked by the Epidemiology and Prevention Branch in the Influe...
How long does it take to get a cold after exposure to the virus?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
It takes about five to seven days to get a cold after an exposure to the virus, however, it's more d...