What are umckaloabo supplements?

Anthony L. Komaroff, MD
Pelargonium sidoides (umckaloabo) is a herbal extract sometimes used for treating acute respiratory tract infections where antibiotics are not warranted. It is available in both tablet and liquid forms. The evidence is very limited for the effectiveness of umckaloabo in treating acute respiratory tract infections, however. And it has not been demonstrated to benefit overall immune function.
If you're searching for a natural way to prevent colds and flu this season, watch this video in which Dr. Oz reveals the little-known herbal rememdy umckaloabo and how it can help you sail through the season illness-free.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

9 Flu Vaccine Myths That Can Make You Sick
It’s baaaack. And by “it,” I mean flu season. There are a few major changes with flu shot recommendations this year, which translates into many new my...
Does staying hydrated help prevent colds and flu?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Staying hydrated helps to keep your whole body operating at its best. For your body to fight infecti...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Web Exclusive: Fighting the Flu
Web Exclusive: Fighting the Flu