If I have a cold or flu, when should I call a doctor about my cough?

If you have a cold or flu, here are some tips for when to call a doctor about your cough:

• Coughing that sounds like a seal barking and interferes with breathing
  • Coughing that starts suddenly and goes for an hour without stopping
  • Cough with wheezing (whistling sound when you breathe in or out)
  • Coughing with any difficulty breathing or with chest pain
  • Coughing that lasts longer than three weeks

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Debunking 4 Common Myths About the Flu
Debunking 4 Common Myths About the Flu
Flu myths are flying all over the place again, so we wanted to take a fresh look at the facts about the flu and the flu shot. That way you can sort re...
Is the high-dose flu vaccine safe?
The safety profile of Fluzone High-Dose vaccine is similar to that of regular flu vaccines, although...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Is Cold and Cough Medicine Safe for Toddlers?