How long does the flu shot prevent me from getting the flu?

The flu shot will help prevent you from getting the flu during that year's flu season. A new vaccination is recommended each year due to the vaccine changing annually to be most protective for each year's predicted strain(s) of infuenza virus. The flu vaccine helps to prevent you from getting the flu OR reduces the duration of symptoms from influenza if you do get the flu after having the vaccine.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

9 Flu Vaccine Myths That Can Make You Sick
It’s baaaack. And by “it,” I mean flu season. There are a few major changes with flu shot recommendations this year, which translates into many new my...
How long does the flu last?
Most flu symptoms last about five to seven days. Experts say you are contagious about one day before...
5 Cold Remedies to Get You Through Winter
5 Cold Remedies to Get You Through Winter5 Cold Remedies to Get You Through Winter5 Cold Remedies to Get You Through Winter5 Cold Remedies to Get You Through Winter
Try vitamin C, a humidifer and more to ease your coughing, sneezing and sore throat.
What Is Eucalyptus Oil?
What Is Eucalyptus Oil?