How can I get rid of a cough?

There are a lot of things you can do to help a cough, but the real issue is what is causing the cough. It could be a cold, the flu, allergies or anything that causes nasal drip. Using over-the-counter meds are good at mitigating symptoms, but they don’t necessarily treat the cause. If you’re having a persistent cough, but are not sure why, get it checked out. If you think you have a cold or the flu, you need to drink lots of fluids, take the right meds and rest. Just remember that treating the underlying cause is always as good as treating the symptoms.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Can You Catch the Flu from Your Dog?
Can You Catch the Flu from Your Dog?
In Wes Anderson’s animated film Isle of Dogs, an outbreak of canine influenza rips through the fictional Japanese city of Megasaki. The town’s mayor, ...
Why is it important to protect my child from the flu?
Children are both highly likely to get the flu and the most likely to transmit it to others. In fact...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Is Cold and Cough Medicine Safe for Toddlers?