How is the flu vaccine designed to target specific flu viruses?

Flu vaccines are designed to protect against three influenza viruses that experts predict will be the most common during the upcoming season. Three kinds of influenza viruses commonly circulate among people today: influenza B viruses, influenza A (H1N1) viruses, and influenza A (H3N2) viruses. Each year, one flu virus of each kind is used to produce seasonal influenza vaccine.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked 7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked 7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked 7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season. The trees are bare, the air is frigid and night falls way too quickly. Wi...
Can Games Make Us Healthier?
Can Games Make Us Healthier?
Can Gamers Solve Flu Epidemics?
Can Gamers Solve Flu Epidemics?
When Should I Talk to My Doctor About My Flu Symptoms?