How can I boost my immune system during cold and flu season?

Dr. Susan S. Blum, MD
Preventive Medicine Specialist

A healthy immune system is critical to fighting off unwanted viruses. Find out how to defend yourself during cold and flu season in this video with preventive and functional medicine specialist Dr. Susan Blum.

Eating a healthy diet is important. In general, stick to fresh fruits, vegetables and vitamin C-filled foods like oranges and other citrusy fruits. It’s also important to stay hydrated. Hot soups and teas are great as well, just be careful with teas containing caffeine because they may cause dehydration.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Make Flu Shots Last Longer with This Trick
Some research suggests that the flu shot wears off more quickly in older people. But here's something you can do to counter that: Go for a walk. In a...
Is it okay to drink alcohol when you have a cold?
TriStar Summit Medical CenterTriStar Summit Medical Center
It is best to limit alcohol intake if you have a cold. It is best to stay hydrated with water when y...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
When Should I See A Doctor for a Cold or Flu?