How can antiviral resistance affect drugs that help treat the flu?

Antiviral resistance means that a virus has changed in such a way that the antiviral drug is less effective in treating or preventing illness. Samples of viruses collected from around the United States and worldwide are studied to determine if they are resistant to any of the FDA-approved influenza antiviral drugs.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

New Warning for Kids and Codeine Cough Meds
The British pop music band Everything Everything came out with a song called Cough Cough in 2012. It’s gotten over 2.6 million YouTube views to date. ...
How can I prevent the flu as I age?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
As you grow older, preventing the flu involves getting the flu shot and staying away from sick peopl...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Nurse Patty Describes the Symptoms of Strep Throat