Question

Cold and Flu

How long does it take to get a cold after exposure to the virus?

• A Stacy Wiegman, PharmD, Pharmacy, answered
    You will typically begin to notice symptoms, such as a runny or stuffed-up nose, coughing or a scratchy throat about two or three days after you become infected with the virus that causes the common cold. Other symptoms of the common cold can include: sneezing, a fever, headaches, watery eyes and fatigue.

• ALawrence W. Gooss, DO, Family Medicine, answered on behalf of HCA Virginia
    It takes about two days to get a cold after exposure to the virus. In this video, Larry Gooss, DO, a family practice doctor at Chippenham & Johnston-Willis Hospitals, explains how virus can continue to live on surfaces.
  • A Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered
    How Long Before I Catch That colds
    Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about catching a cold.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Can I exercise if I have a cold?