Does the influenza virus cause stomach flu?

While there is such a thing as stomach flu, it is not caused by the influenza virus. Most people with stomach flu are infected with one of the many gastroenteritis viruses that cause temporary nausea and vomiting.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Best Way to Stay Healthy? Call In Sick
Best Way to Stay Healthy? Call In Sick
Next time you get a sore throat and sniffles, here's how to avoid can't-get-out-of-bed misery later: Stay home. Clocking into your job when you don’t...
Can I get the flu if I've had a flu shot?
You can still get the flu, even if you got a flu vaccine. The flu shot lowers your chances of gettin...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
What Are Natural Treatments for Cold and Flu?