Are there risks from getting an intradermal flu vaccine?

Just like the regular flu shot, the viruses in the intradermal flu shot are killed (inactivated), so you cannot get the flu from the vaccine. The risk of any flu vaccine causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small.

However, a vaccine, like any medicine, has a rare possibility to cause serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions. Almost all people who get the influenza vaccine have no serious problems from it.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Can You Catch the Flu from Your Dog?
Can You Catch the Flu from Your Dog?
In Wes Anderson’s animated film Isle of Dogs, an outbreak of canine influenza rips through the fictional Japanese city of Megasaki. The town’s mayor, ...
When should my child get a flu shot?
Dr. Darria Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Gillespie, MD
All children over the age of six months should get a flu shot every year. In this video, I will expl...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
How to Stay Well During Cold and Flu Season