Guaifenesin treats chest congestion caused by allergies and the common cold by thinning the mucus and increasing lubrication in the passageways of the lungs. This helps to loosen phlegm/mucus, making it is easier to cough up.
- Q How should I take guaifenesin?
- Q Should I let my doctor know I am taking guaifenesin?
- Q What is the maximum daily guaifenesin dosage for adult and children?
- Q How are prescription and non-prescription guaifenesin different?
- Q What activities should I avoid while taking guaifenesin?
- Q Who should not take guaifenesin?