Why is Greek (or Turkish) coffee boiled and not brewed?

Chris Kilham
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Greek (or Turkish) coffee is boiled because this is the original method of coffee preparation and the cultures that enjoy it stuck with it! In this video, "Medicine Hunter" Chris Kilham explains why this ancient method is still used today.

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Ask Dr. Darria: Can Too Much Caffeine be Harmful?
I start my morning with a cup of coffee and then drink several more cups throughout the day. Is this bad for my health? Lately, we’ve been bombarded ...
How much coffee should I drink a day?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
There is no “should” drink recommendations for coffee, but health benefits have been associated with...
What's the coffee-liver connection?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Coffee has many health benefits but we don't know if it's good for the liver. In this video, Robin M...
3 Coffee Hacks You Need to Try
3 Coffee Hacks You Need to Try