When are restaurants likely to substitute decaf coffee for caffeinated?

If you order coffee past 8 p.m., it’s most likely decaf. Restaurants don’t want to wash two pots, so they often use one and fill it with decaf. It saves them time and money to serve only one option.

If you need caffeine, order an espresso or cappuccino. Because these options are made when you order them, there is a better chance they are caffeinated.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Serve Your Coffee This Way for Antioxidants
You could be putting a stranglehold on coffee's health perks by stirring in the wrong stuff. So consider these rules: no nondairy creamer, and go easy...
Does coffee affect my risk of endometrial cancer?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
There's a surprising relationship between your coffee habit and your risk of endometrial cancer....
Can drinking coffee in the morning cause fatigue later in the day?
Many of us turn to coffee or tea for a morning pick-me-up, but it could be the cause of your fatigue...
Is Drinking Coffee Good for Me?
Is Drinking Coffee Good for Me?